Friday, August 10, 2007

Ribena

I was born in the 70s. I think anyone born during that period will know how i feel about Ribena.

Do you still remember the chinese Ribena commercial?

You have these 2 little kids sitting beneath this huge tree, and this plump little girl holding a water bottle containing the Ribena drink, and sipping this seemingly delicious drink. And then, this poor thirsty boy asking the girl "给我一点好吗?”translated means "Give me a little, can?"

I remember whenever i saw this commercial, my urge to taste this wonderful drink will be really strong. But i don't understand why, though my family is relatively "wealth-off", but my parents never really buy this drink for me. I guess, to them, this is a waste of $$. My parents are thrifty people...haha..unlike me!

So to me, this is always the exotic drink, far from my reach!

And now, being an old hag already, this drink remains exotic nonetheless. But the problem is, you won't believe how expensive a tinny bottle of Ribena cost in Pittsburgh! Look at the price yourself! (And if you can't figure out, let me tell you...it's $6.49!) And remember, this is US$!

I think i need to import this drink into the US! This is simply ridiculous. But till i can do that...








No comments: