- 7 oz firm tofu (aka taokua)
- 1 small-medium sized bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 5 oz fresh button mushroom (about 10-15 mushrooms)
- 1 tbs soya sauce
- dash of white pepper
- dash of sesame oil
- 6-8 satay sticks
Preparation of "satay":
- Drain water from tofu. In order to "squeeze" water out of tofu, wrap tofu in paper towel, place on plate, and put a heavy object on top of the tofu (e.g. bowl) and wait for at least 30mins for extra water to be drained.
- Cut tofu into cubes of approx. 1" x 1"
- Cut bell pepper, zucchini and mushroom into similar size as well.
- Place above ingredients in a big bowl, add soya sauce, pepper and sesame oil to marinate for at least 3omins.
- Use satay sticks and assemble the ingredients.
- Preheat oven toaster (or oven) at 400F (205C).
- Place sticks on wire rack, with a drip plate at the bottom.
- Roast for 30-40mins, or until you observe browning.
- 3/8 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 3/4 tbs soya sauce
Preparation for sauce:
- Mix above ingredients by hand in a bowl or blender.
- You're done! ;)
- Tip: If you are using the oven toaster, you can place the sauce bowl on top of the toaster to make hot, while you're roasting the satay...saves energy!
Basically for the sauce, you can also use ready-made satay sauce..can save a bit of time. And as usual, you can roast any kinds of vege you like.