Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Moral dilemma

One of the most recent big news in the US is with regard to methods of torture used to obtain information from terrorists....which is of course approved by Bush, and denounced by many other people.

Last sunday while I was having "big breakfast" with my hubby in front of the TV program "Meet the Press", the reporter asked Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson, whether he would employ torture method to obtain information if he's the president?

Whereas I was thinking to myself, if it was me, would i torture someone to obtain information that may save other people?

Let's say, we're 100% sure that this terrorist has vital information, would you employ ANY methods in order to obtain that info? I think I may...reason, this information has large potential to save many more people. Would you??

However, the tricky part is, how are we going to be 100% sure that this person has that information?? And if it turns out that this poor soul has nothing to offer, and yet was subjected to torture, wouldn't that violate his rights, and of course add to our sins.

Tricky question...

No comments: